Tuesday 29 November 2011

Trifle

Poor Eva - it has been 35°C today and she was very unsettled.  It was really hard for me because on previous hot days I just take her in a cool shower & it calms her right down.  Of course I can't do that at the moment, so I wiped her down a few times with cooled baby wipes.  She calmed down in the late afternoon and slept for over two hours.  

While she slept I donned my pinnie and made a trifle.  Not just any trifle, but a black forest trifle.  My excuse was that I needed to test out the recipe before Christmas, but really I just couldn't wait until Christmas to try eating it! I am so glad I did make it, it even got a 'mmm' from Jimmy, which is very hard to get especially when it comes to cooking!  I must admit, the favourite part of my first trifle making experience was using my awesome glass bowl that Mum gave me last month!

Before

Photobucket

During

Photobucket

Photobucket

After

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Now I am off to listen to lullabies, cuddle my baby to sleep and enjoy a glass of wine, all while trying to stay away from the trifle!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Awesome. I am not a sweet eater...but that is looking very yummy. A glass of wine for me as well...

Cupcakes for Alice said...

This looks SO yum!!! Black Forest is my favourite Cake, so I would really enjoy it as a Trifle!

Kathy said...

Your trifle looks great, glad you found a use for those big bowls.