Saturday 26 November 2011

Thoughts after the first 36 hours

It's so hard seeing Eva so upset.  I can tell by looking at her how uncomfortable she is, I watch her as she tries to stretch, her arms go up and then she tries to stretch her legs down & it just can't happen.  Her little face fills with frustration and I just know she doesn't understand what is going on.  I know it's normal for her to be unsettled but it is breaking my heart to see a change from my smiling, laughing, playing daughter into an inconsolable little baby who won't let me put her down, even when she's sleeping. It has brought me to tears on so many occasions today watching her be so unhappy. All I can do is hold her and hope she adjusts soon so she feels happier :-(

We have started to tell people what is going on with Eva and it has surprised & comforted me to know how many people know what DDH is.  I have felt a great amount of support from our families and our friends, even those who are not close by, their words, thoughts & prayers mean the world to me.  

The little girl is sleeping in her sleeping bag for half an hour stints at a time, I think her startle reflex is waking her up so I need to learn how to wrap her arms only.  The sleeping bag is really good because it's a size 0 and zips up, so I can get her in without squishing her legs together.  Every time she wakes she begins crying straight away, I think she is still confused, so I am really looking forward to Hubby getting home to sit by her while I have a shower and tidy up a little bit (the house and myself).
Sleepy cuddles with Mum this afternoon

Photobucket

In my Bambi sleeping bag

Photobucket

No comments: