Sunday 27 November 2011

Pride

I am so proud of my little princess, over the weekend she has showed a lot of improvement.  I have found that the middle of the day is the most restless for her & she cries a lot, but I am taking some advice from a fellow Hip Mum and trying to distract her with toys and/or tummy time.  She seems to really be enjoying the tummy time with a towel underneath her chest where the strap is, and has also taken a liking to a little purple bunny rabbit.  

There was a point on Saturday when I was ready to burst into tears, when I had to go to the Supermarket & Eva was so upset that everyone, and I mean everyone, was staring at me and staring into her pram.  Some said nothing, one asked me why I didn't leave her home with my husband, another old lady told me a three month old should not be crying like that for no reason (she was covered in blankets).  If they had of all just left me alone, I would have been in and out in five minutes and not half an hour.  It was so horrible being judged.  

Last night she slept in her own bed from Midnight until 8.30am.  She did wake around 4.30am but after a quick cuddle was fast asleep again.  I have seen a lot of smiles from her today which has instantly healed my heart.  We went out this evening and she was so well behaved - looked around at everyone, smiled at her Papa, had a nap, drank her bottle and lay in her pram while we ate.  So proud of her, I am starting to see more of the Eva pre-harness.  Even though it's only been a few days, it feels like it's been on for such a long time!  I keep reminding myself everything will be okay, but it's nice to see some progress in her demeanor to reassure those thoughts.  Now I need to start hoping and praying that we will see the same improvement in her hips.

Rainy Saturday afternoon snuggles

Photobucket

Sunday smiles

Photobucket

Tired out

Photobucket 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Your doing a great job Steph, Eva is adjusting well and other people, especially in supermarkets need to mind their own business. Beautiful photos.

Stephanie said...

Thankyou Mum xoxox